Sunday, February 06, 2011

Infinity, Malifaux and Beyond

My quest for gaming satisfaction is going very well indeed.

Barely into the second month of the year, and I have 15 fully pained, varnished (first time doing that - very pleased with results) and based Morat Infinity models. They look good in a Tau-esque colour scheme. Photos will be posted shortly. I have even pre-ordered the new Yaogat Sniper, because they are good models value for points/rules wise, the model itself is great, and it means I can field 200pts of near pure Yaogat!

I recently co-wrote a Privateers vs Zombies in Space game with a freiend for Leicester Unisversity Gaming Group's SabreCon. The system will be getting some more tweaking and testing, but its should be available from the Table Top Tyrants blog soon as its rather good laugh. A blend of Space Hulk, Resident Evil, Doom and Aliens, its got some fn little twists and is real easy to set up and play.

But its got to be the Malifaux demo that I played at SabreCon that really got me going! The local Henchman (I say local - he kindly drove over an hour out from home to do the Con) put me and a mate through a Demo, that was so ingrossing we lost 90mins to it! I got to us the Cult of December who I want as my first crew, whilst my mate used Blind Justice (who he was interested in anyway)

I lost, but had fun doing it - suicide run from a frozen gremlin who killed him won mate to force him to explode in a showe of ce shards slaying all 3 models around him! AWESOME!
The system is really is more intuitive than it would at first appear. Once we had done two rounds aided, we started to run flips ourselves, aided only in spotting triggers and in the correct cheat method (a game with built in cheating is always a good laugh).
We were both sold on it, so in April, I will be picking up Rasputina and some cool arctic style bases for them.

Add in the resurgance of Magic the Gathering, and my gaming schedule is packed! Im the most veteran gamer at my LGS, who has only just started to stock cards, and has asked if Id help run the first events, which would be cool!
Not to sound egotistical, but I think that it would be better than my playing - they'll learn more from me helping out wth rules in all games than me battering them one on one with decks finely tuned over ten years of gaming. Plus, I like to support - Im passing on my Inifinty knowledge to a bloke in 2 weeks time for instance.

All this has made my ques for gaming satisfaction a rather short quest in reality, so now my Quest is to recruit others to my cause... Shouldn't take long ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment