Saturday, January 08, 2011

Morat Aggressionist Uprising


My first box of Infinity models arrived today - 4 Combined Army Morat Yaogat Elite Infantry.

The box quotes them as masters of 'Search and Maximum Damage Destruction missions'.... Yeah, I know - thats GOTTA be good.

Heres the front of the box:


They are armed as follows, from left to right:
Spitfire
Combirifle and Grenades
Combirifle and Panzerfaust
Boarding Shotgun and Panzerfaust

Here they are built:


And here is another shot with the flash on, terrible really but has a nice dramatic flair about it.


And here is a size comparrison with PP and GW models.


They've since been based in a nice easy gravel/chunk motiff, which will get a small foliage/ash emblishment once painted.

But now to the nitty gritty...

Despite their slighter, more realistic proportions, they were an absolute breeze to make. The arms have very clear shoulder joints, shaped so they sit firmly. With a very thin sliver of fresh soft green stuff in there and a light drop of super glue, it stuck fast in s couple of miniutes easy. I hope that the larger models are as easily built, as I have my eye on an Avatar.

This should be an interesting set to paint - Ive not done anything this fine since some of the GW LotR range, and even then the detail wasn't as fine.

Speaking of detail -wow! I can see no mould lines, mismoulds, all the detail is well defined - they are truely impressive both aesthetically and technically. GW should chat to these guys, seriously!

Ironically for me, the Morat look kinda like a cross between Tau and Kroot - no wonder I was drawn to them.

This does however give me some ideas for painting schemes already - bring back my blue/black night ops camo scheme from my Tau Kill Team, or use the traditional orange and brown Tau scheme, which I have never actually used, so would be even more tastily ironic!

Im not going to spray them today, as they will be getting their first combat action on Tuesday during Ants Infinity Demo Tues 11/1/2011, so saves recoating an undercoat.

But they will be done before my final 3 Circle of Orboros models (Reeves Hunter and Reeves UA) as they have truely caught my imagination - plus, as already stated, houlder mounted rocket launchers never go out of fashion!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jon, I've bought 300 pts (£50) of Haqqislam models and they are lush! Can't wait to get a game in against you. I'm playing Anton again this Tuesday if you fancy a visit, I'm sure you can encourage Spin to give you a game. Come and see the line up at Pathfinder...

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete